"The Son! The Son"

A Father's Treasure.

 

Receiving the One Who Gives Us Everything

He Speaks Peace to His People

“I will hear what God the LORD will say; for He will speak peace to His people.” Psalm 85:8 (NASB)

There is a peace that only God can speak - a deep, restoring, life‑shaping peace that settles the heart and strengthens the soul. And this peace comes through one Person: His Son.

To understand the weight of this truth, consider the story of a father, a son, and a priceless inheritance.

A Father’s Treasure

There once was a wealthy man who loved his only son more than anything in the world. Together, they spent ten beautiful years building one of the rarest art collections ever assembled - masterpieces from Picasso, Raphael, and other legendary artists. Every painting held meaning, but none compared to the joy the father found in his son.

Then war broke out.

The son enlisted, and one day the father received the devastating news: his beloved son had died while rescuing another soldier. His heart shattered.

Six months later, a young soldier arrived at the father’s door with a package. “Sir,” he said softly, “I am the man your son saved. He spoke of you often, and of your love for art. I’m not much of an artist, but I wanted you to have this.”

Inside was a simple portrait - the son’s face, captured with sincerity and affection.

The father’s eyes filled with tears. “You’ve captured his smile,” he whispered. “I will cherish this above all others.”

He hung the portrait over his mantelpiece, and every visitor saw it before any masterpiece.

The Auction That Shocked the World

When the father eventually passed away, his entire priceless collection was placed in a private auction. Collectors from around the world gathered, eager to bid on the rare treasures.

But the first painting presented was the soldier’s modest portrait of the son.

The crowd scoffed. “Bring out the real art!” they demanded.

The auctioneer insisted, “Who will take the son? The son! Who’ll take the son?”

Silence.

Finally, the young soldier stepped forward. “I’ll bid ten dollars. It’s all I have, but I’ll give it all for the son.”

The gavel fell.

Then the auctioneer stunned the room: “The auction is now closed. According to the wishes of the deceased, whoever receives the son receives everything - the entire collection and the estate in which it is housed.”

The crowd sat frozen as the young soldier inherited unimaginable wealth - all because he valued the son.

Whoever Receives the Son Receives Everything

Every time I reflect on this story, I’m reminded of God’s heart.

Just like the father in the story, God is looking for people who value His Son. And whoever receives Jesus receives every blessing God has.

The Bible says that in Christ we receive:

  • Shalom - completeness, soundness, well‑being

  • Peace of mind and heart

  • Safety and protection

  • Contentment and emotional stability

  • Healthy relationships

  • Strength for our bodies, families, careers, and ministries

All of this flows from one place: hearing Jesus and growing in the knowledge of Him.

2 Peter 1:2 tells us that grace and peace are multiplied to us when we grow in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus. Not added - multiplied.

The more we hear Him, the more we value Him. The more we value Him, the more we receive from Him. The more we receive from Him, the more our lives overflow with His goodness.

How Do We Value the Son?

One of the most powerful ways is simple: We take time to hear Him.

Hear His words of grace. Hear His promises. Hear what He accomplished for us at the cross. Hear His voice speaking peace into every storm.

When you prioritize hearing Jesus, you are saying, “I choose the Son.” And when you choose the Son, heaven responds: You receive it all.

Prayer for Today

Father, thank You for giving me Your precious Son. Open my ears to hear His voice of peace, grace, and wisdom. Teach me to value Him above everything else. As I grow in the knowledge of Jesus, multiply Your grace, peace, and blessings in my life. I receive the Son - and with Him, every good thing You have prepared for me. Amen.

Be Safe and God Bless.

Stay tuned: He Can Make a Way

Don’t walk your journey alone. Join us for powerful daily devotionals: Draw Near To God – Daily Devotionals. | Facebook or https://web.facebook.com/groups/1014735134263467/

Comments

Popular Posts