How to Face Unwelcome Changes.

You are not alone in your Struggles.

 Five Steps to Turn Painful Changes into a Fresh, New Beginning

Isaiah 43:19 (NIV): “Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.”

๐ŸŒ When Change Feels Overwhelming

Moving to a strange city kept me awake at night. I ran my palm across the kitchen cabinets to make sure all was packed away. With the last of the everyday dishes sealed in a box, I pushed it aside - but I couldn’t push away the tears.

“Lord, I should be grateful. But why couldn’t it be here where all is familiar?”

Leaving the home i stayed filled me with tension. As someone navigating blindness, I wondered: Would I find friends who accept me? Could I handle my emotions and still be a good father.

Maybe you’ve faced similar unwelcome changes - divorce, illness, unemployment, or limitations that feel unfair. Yet Scripture reminds us that God transforms painful transitions into divine opportunities. Ruth, Joseph, and Joshua each discovered this truth. And so can we.

✨ Step 1: Forget the former things

The past often feels safer than the unknown. But clinging to it can block us from God’s new work.

Ruth, a young widow, refused to dwell in despair. She boldly declared to Naomi: “Where you go, I will go… your God will be my God” (Ruth 1:16). Her courage led her into God’s plan — becoming an ancestor of Christ Himself.

Like Ruth, we must release yesterday’s comfort to embrace tomorrow’s promise.

✨ Step 2: Do not dwell on the past

Joseph’s life was marked by betrayal and hardship. Yet instead of bitterness, he chose faith. From pit to prison, he trusted God’s hand.

Later, Joseph declared: “You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good” (Genesis 50:20).

Dwelling on what was lost only deepens pain. Faith shifts our focus to what God is preparing.

✨ Step 3: See, I am doing a new thing

Blindness didn’t stop me from learning the layout of my new home. God’s Word became my lamp (Psalm 119:105). Step by step, He showed me how to navigate both rooms and emotions.

When fear blinds us spiritually, His promises light the path. Change becomes less threatening when we trust His guidance.

✨ Step 4: Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?

Joshua faced daunting leadership after Moses. God’s command was clear: “Be strong and courageous… for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9).

We too can rest in this assurance. In every unknown, God is present. In every transition, He is near.

✨ Step 5: Streams in the wasteland

Ultimately, it is God who makes a way. Ruth didn’t orchestrate her future. Joseph didn’t engineer his triumph. Joshua didn’t carve his path. God did.

Years after my move, I look back with gratitude. What felt like loss became a doorway to blessings. What seemed like wilderness became rivers of joy.

Unwelcome changes are not the end — they are the beginning of God’s new chapter.

๐Ÿ™ A Prayer for Today

Father, I resolve that all changes wrapped in Your love will take me to places where I see You better and know You more intimately. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

๐ŸŒŸ Final Encouragement

Painful transitions can feel like deserts. But God promises streams in the wasteland. What begins as sorrow can end in joy. What feels like loss can become gain.

Unwelcome changes are simply God’s invitation to trust Him more deeply and step into His fresh, new beginning.

Be Safe and God Bless.

Stay tuned: Free and Undeserved.

Don’t walk your journey alone. Join us for powerful daily devotionals: Draw Near To God – Daily Devotionals. | Facebook or https://web.facebook.com/groups/1014735134263467/

Comments

Popular Posts